Louisiana Rural Health Association's Membership is composed of individuals and organizations interested in making a difference in the quality of the health care delivery system for Louisiana’s rural citizens. The organization is governed by a Board of Directors which represents a diverse group of professionals and consumers, as well as parishes and regions of Louisiana.
10 Great Reasons to Be a Member
1. Connection: You are connected to a larger group banded together to produce positive results for access to quality healthcare in rural communities.
2. Annual Educational Conference: The Annual Rural Healthcare Conference provides quality education and networking for rural health professionals, and you receive a discount by being a member. You can contribute to the content, help plan the Conference or attend to enhance your professional development.
3. Rural Policy / Advocacy: You can contribute to the strong advocacy program centered on assuring that rural health voices are being heard. The Legislative Committee prepares legislative updates/alerts, and keeps track of public health issues under consideration by the State Legislature.
4. Free Informational Services: The association keeps members in touch with current issues through the association’s web site and email updates of emerging issues relevant to rural health. You remain informed about rural health in our region and in the beltway in a way that saves you time.
5. Networking: You have many opportunities to network with rural health professionals in our region, building your contacts, sharing ideas, best practices and solutions. Networking events range from Annual Conferences to regional meetings and webinars.
6. Affiliation: You will have affiliation with your Rural Health Association as well as with the National Rural Health Association.
7. Discounts on Educational Offerings: You receive reduced registration fees at all of the LRHA's sponsored events.
8. Leadership Opportunities: Opportunities are available on the Board, committees and other special projects.
9. Recognition: You can be recognized or can recognize your colleagues for their achievements in rural health. Some of our heroes work right next to us every day! Our Annual Rural Health Awards program is a great opportunity to recognize our leaders in rural healthcare.
10. Empowerment: You are part of a larger community. You are empowered to get involved in issues that affect your personal and professional communities and your quality of life.